Urban Translation Services is at your service as the Official Sales Partner of TCTrainNet, the Technical Communicator Training Program. You will find below detailed information about the program.
For further information please contact
Urban Translation Services
Esentepe Mah. Yazarlar Sok. No 4
34394 Sisli, Istanbul
TRAINING & CERTIFICATION
The tekom certification is your pathway for a successful career in technical communication! Become a certified "technical communicator (tekom)".
Corporate Training - Advantages at a Glance
For companies from all industry sectors, TCTrainNet offers special courses for worldwide employee learning in technical communication.
• System access via internet without software installation
• Questions and problems of daily work can be solved in the learning community
• Activities and competencies are observed and developed by the supervisor
Benefits for Your Company
• Special terms and conditions
• Optimal work/study balance
• No travel time or costs for employees located worldwide
• Direct improvement of worldwide qualification and competence standard is established
Benefits for Your Employee
• Expansion of global network and creation of cross-border synergies
• Practice and test of new methods and techniques right away on job
• Learning and discussions focus on the companies' special topics of interest
Approved Qualifications - Recognized Results
• Learning success is evaluated by examination
• Training results in certification based on the German qualification standard for technical communication
• For all professionals and new entrants who want to be certified in technical communication
• High qualification with the tekom certificate "technical communicator (tekom)"
• Certification costs are included in the training fee
• Comprehensive and interactive eLearning material
• Practical learning material and quick know-how transfer
• The online training can be completed within 7 months
• Average work load is about 7 hours per week
• Guided online training with individual coaching
• Knowledge enhancement in the learning peer group
• Access to the international tcworld community
• Various start dates
PATHWAYS TO PROFESSIONALISM AND SUCCESS
TCTrainNet is an English-language international online training and certification program for technical communication. It is designed and managed by tekom, the German professional association for technical communication, and serves both technical communicators and employers. The curriculum and learning materials were developed by leading professionals and experts from both industry and academia.
The Training is Specially Designed for
• Professional technical writers/communicators and authors
• New entrants in the field of technical communication and career changers
• Information developers
• Technical communication service vendors
• Translators and localization specialists and vendors
Why Choose TCTrainNet?
• No travel time - train without leaving the office
• Suits all time zones
• Trainer-supported e-learning in technical communication
• Optimal work/study balance
• Collaborative online learning (First Level)
• Stages of learning implemented
• Interactive learning material (recorded webcasts, interactive learning units, self-assessment quizzes, discussions)
• International certification as "technical communicator (tekom)" based on the high German standard
Two Levels: The Right Certification for Everyone
TCTrainNet certification is offered at two different levels according to the personal skills of the trainees.
First Level Certificate - Curriculum
First Level training aims to develop a solid introduction to technical communication, with practical orientation.
• Introduction to technical communication
• Professional writing
• Layout and visual design
• Managing translation and localization
• Online documentation
• The DITA standard for technical communication
• Information development
• Structuring and standardization, XML and content management systems
• Legal requirements and international standards for technical documentation
Advanced Level Certificate
For Advanced Level Certificatei, you must apply for individual training consultancy service rendered by Tekom experts. Please contact us for detailed information.
How It Works as a Participant
• You will study online using the TCTrainNet learning management system, at your own pace
• You will need to commit to approximately eight hours per week for six months
• The TCTrainNet curriculum is made up of nine modules, each made up of webcasts, tutorials, self-assessment quizzes, and discussion forums
• You will be guided in your studies by a very experienced TCTrainNet trainer
• At the end of your training, you will complete an online exam
• After you have passed the exam, you will be awarded an internationally-recognised certificate as a "technical communicator (tekom)" and you can promote yourself as a certified technical communicator